The Gas Heat Pumps Workshop organized by MARCOGAZ & GERG with the sponsoring of GDF SUEZ & GAS TERRA took place in Saint-Denis/France on 01st & 02nd December 2011.
Gas driven heat pumps can deliver a considerable energy savings potential for heating (up to 50% compared to condensing boilers) and also offers the possibility of cooling.
The interest for this innovative technology is growing in Europe because:
- It is easy to install in existing or new buildings;
- The products are on the market (12.000 Gas Heat Pumps already installed in Europe);
- It can shave the peak load in the electricity grids for summer cooling especially in the South part of Europe;
- It gives important energy savings foe heating in existing buildings in the Central and North part of Europe;
- It uses renewable energy (geothermal or heat from air).
The main conclusions of the workshop were:
1) To be heard, the voice of Gas Heat Pumps should be organized at EU level and the products shall be more visible and known;
2) The current efforts for a good integration of Gas Heat Pumps in European regulatory and standardization process must be continued;
3) The enlargement of the range of products is desired to cover all needs;
4) Field tests and experiments results shall be shared and promoted;
5) The importance of quality installations through competent installers is highlighted.
Progresses regarding the above issues are expected in a close future.
MARCOGAZ & GERG jointly organized this workshop to update the audience on the latest technologies and to coordinate further policy actions, research and standardization activities.
The Workshop presentations can now be downloaded below:
|Day1, Thursday 1 December 2011
|1. Introduction: Which place for gas heat pumps in the future energy market?
|2. Technologies state of the art
|3. Tour: Gas heat pumps display in GDF SUEZ laboratories
|Day2, Friday 2 December 2011
|4. GHP and European energy efficiency regulations
|5. Round table: which further actions to promote the gas heat pumps European market
|6. Closing session of the Gas Heat Pump Workshop
We would like to thank all attendees for their kind participation.
For more information contact the Marcogaz secretariat: