Your career with us
MARCOGAZ offers traineeships to young graduates willing to pursue a career in the energy industry and learn more about the gas sector
At MARCOGAZ, we value diversity, knowledge sharing, integrity and transparency and we encourage our colleagues to share our vision.
We welcome applications from students or outstanding recently graduated candidates interested in acquiring knowledge on the gas value chain, particularly in a broad selection of technical topics.
By joining our team, you will be working in a medium-sized company where you can develop new skills and your ideas will be valued. We share a positive and welcoming spirit open communication and ensure that new colleagues are fully integrated.
On onboarding, the supervisor and the trainee agree on a program for the entire period of the traineeship and MARCOGAZ ensures that progress is monitored and deliverables are satisfactory for both MARCOGAZ and the trainee.
Our traineeships are open to any qualified students/graduates with the right to work in Belgium.
If you’re interested in joining our team in Brussels, please visit regularly this webpage to find whether a new vacancy is open.
Please understand that we do not accept spontaneous applications.
SENIOR TECHNICAL ADVISOR GAS SYSTEMS
MARCOGAZ represents the interests of national and European gas associations as well as individual gas companies’ members spread across Europe. Our association has built its reputation over the past five decades, working closely with the gas industry, official bodies within the European Union and other influential partners.
With the support of its working groups of technical experts, MARCOGAZ works towards accelerating the energy transition and achieving the EU’s 2030 and 2050 climate objectives. MARCOGAZ is actively involved in concrete initiatives and programs to ensure the sustainable, safe and efficient development of natural gas and new gases including hydrogen and biomethane and the sector integration in Europe.
MARCOGAZ is looking for a highly motivated, proactive and committed full-time Senior Technical Advisor Gas Systems who is passionate of the development of renewable and low carbon gases to join a small and dynamic team in Brussels. The jobholder will be reporting to the Secretary General.
- Support the Secretary General on the elaboration of strategic and operational matters and on the implementation of decisions from the Executive Board and General Assembly.
- Lead the work of technical committees and working groups in delivering insightful technical content on energy transition.
- Lead the work of MARCOGAZ on standardization in internal expert groups and with CEN/ISO/OIML.
- Represent MARCOGAZ in technical meetings organized by the European Commission, gas stakeholder groups including GIE, Eurogas and ENTSOG.
- Lead the coordination of work on regulation of methane emissions and regulation on hydrogen.
- Prepare and review technical content on natural gas and renewable gases like hydrogen, biomethane and other low-carbon gases, on both operation and management perspectives.
- Facilitate the liaison between MARCOGAZ and the European Commission, gas industry stakeholders and standardization bodies.
- Assist the technical committees on data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Assist the technical committees in the organization of meetings, workshops and technical forums.
- Facilitate the flow of information and motivate collaboration between internal technical committees.
- The ideal candidate has a degree in Engineering, Physics or related fields, from a well ranked University. Applicants with non-technical degrees but with relevant experience in the gas sector will be considered.
- At least 5 years of work experience in the gas sector.
- Knowledge of renewable gases and low carbon gases such as hydrogen, biomethane and synthetic gases technologies is a plus.
- Familiarity with operation and management of the midstream and downstream gas systems and end use of gas is considered a valuable asset.
- Knowledge of the European energy policies and regulation framework.
- Excellent proficiency in English (written and spoken) – at C1/C2 level. A second European language is not required but is considered as an advantage.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment, with a positive personality, a team player mindset and open to regular work trips within Europe.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a sense of diplomacy to manage the relations between people and associations in a European environment.
This position offers an excellent opportunity to influence the gas industry and the EU policy making while participating in helping the gas sector achieving the decarbonisation objectives.
- A full-time job with a competitive compensation package, commensurate with experience.
- A dynamic and collaborative work environment in the center of Brussels European quarter.
- Possibility to develop a long-lasting network in the Brussels policy environment.
- Flexibility to work remotely.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must have the right to work in Belgium. To apply, please send a motivation letter (one page) and Curriculum Vitae in .pdf format by email to: HR@marcogaz.org
Please entitle your application email “Application for Senior Advisor Gas Systems”.
The deadline to apply is 31 May 2022
Due to the expected high volume of applications to be received, please note that only shortlisted candidates who fulfill the requirements mentioned above will be contacted for interviews, planned for June 2022.